Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2016 10:00

Inspiron 15R Special Edition 7520 (max. ram memory is 16GB)

Like 4 years ago a guy uploaded following video:

- Recently, after sharp price drop, I bought same Corsair 16gb and installed into my 15R 7520 

- Tested and laptop works  properly & faster

See my current configuration (screenshot Dell website):

Windows screenshot:

Picture package:

Adios amigos !

1 Message

May 27th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 17R SE 7720 , i've tried to upgrade ram as well to have 16gb, so I bought this kit 2x8gb similar to your but with lower CAS latency CL 9 (CMSX16GX3M2B1600C9)

www.corsair.com/.../vengeance-16gb-high-performance-laptop-memory-upgrade-kit-cmsx16gx3m2b1600c9

But after notebook logged into  windows 7 64 bit desktop , it returned me a bsdo with MEMORY MANAGEMENT error, I've tried to restart and restart and use the whole day (also playing some games) without any further error.

Then next day when I turned on my dell it returned me again blue screen of death (bsod) , so it simply crashed whenever a cold boot is done.

Since there was no way to change ram parameters from bios, I've decided to return back to ram to Amazon.

Now i am a little doubtful if your Corsair Vengenace with CL 10 could works smoothly also on my 17R SE :|

18 Posts

May 28th, 2016 06:00

Hi,

Some google results show ram problems with regard to usage of different CAS latency (CL) in specific systems of different brands and models.

With regard to the Dell Inspiron SE 7520 and 7720, there are many examples of properly working 16 gb ram upgrades (including this thread).

I would like to recommend you trying out the CL10 version, by carefully unpacking the package, and in case of problems, just simply follow return instructions and you will always receive full refund (consumer protection).

"nothing ventured, nothing gained"

No Events found!