Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 9th, 2010 05:00

Inspiron 1764 keyboard terrible can I get a better one

Just got an Inspiron 1764 and have to say it has the worst  keyboard I have ever used on a laptop. Very cheap and lacking good feedback, but most annoying is that half sized left shift key, it's even smaller than the CTRL key and CAPS LOCK key.

Does anyone know if it is possible to fit a better keyboard to the laptop as I am fed up correcting typing errors due to the shift key and lack of feedback.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 9th, 2010 05:00

No, it's not.  You can return the system and order a different model, or buy an external keyboard.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 9th, 2010 08:00

I have that model computer and I don't have a "half sized shift" key. You might recheck with Dell to make sure you received the right computer or recheck your invoice to make sure you ordered the right one. Mine has a great KB--big and easy to use and looks like my desktop KB. It sounds like you got a mini computer.

3 Posts

August 9th, 2010 09:00

It's the right one it is an Inspiron 1764, 17" widescreen. This is European model, maybe you have a different version

281 Posts

August 9th, 2010 16:00

I have an inspiron 1764 and my shift key is not half sized. It is much  bigger than the caps lock and the ctrl key

3 Posts

August 9th, 2010 16:00

I don't know where you live but the Inspiron 1764 available in Ireland and the UK has the small left shift key and it is very annoying

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

August 9th, 2010 18:00

Non US models can be different. If you are within 21 days of purchase you might be able to request a return and replacement. We can do that here in US. Contact Dell Customer Service in your country and find out.

No Events found!