Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

G

September 7th, 2017 20:00

Inspiron 5500 Windows hello login issues

I bought an Inspiron 5500 from QVC in May It's the higher end one with AMD Radeon R5 with 4GB of dedicated video memory, Intel Core I7 and 16GB of RAM.  I setup Windows Hello with the Intel RealSense webcam.  When I reboot it it will usually work once but not lately but especially waking it from sleep I see the "Getting Ready" prompt with the symbol that indicates it's supposedly getting ready to turn on the camera but I've been getting the message "Camera not available" and to use my alternate login method in my case 4 digit PIN.  Once or twice I would get "Could not turn on the camera"  I would say it's the camera but why does it work on a restart?  I have the latest BIOS and the Dell Update utility automatically installs prompts for restarts when necessary.  Anyone else have this?

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

September 8th, 2017 09:00

Can you send me a Private Message with your Service Tag (please do not post it in the thread)? I'd like to see if I can get the configuration of your system and see if there is anything we can try, I haven't come across this issue but will try to help. 

Best regards,

Brad

65 Posts

September 8th, 2017 09:00

Private Message has been sent

No Events found!