Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2013 03:00

Inspiron 5520 i5 max RAM?

Hi guys,

I have Dell inspiron 5520 i5, with currently 6MB RAM installed. I want to upgrade the RAM but I am not sure what is the max RAM that this computer supports. Can anyone tell me please?

/Lirim 

1.3K Posts

July 11th, 2013 03:00

Hi Lirim,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

Your Dell Inspiron 5520 can support minimum 2GB RAM and maximum 8GB RAM.

In case required, you can refer to the link below for Manuals & Documentation on your Dell Inspiron 5520 for steps to remove and install  the memory modules.

http://dell.to/1asRMbl

Please reply if you have further queries. We would be happy to help.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

4 Posts

July 11th, 2013 06:00

Thank you for replying in such a short time.

Silly me i said 6MB :P , I am curious to know why only 8GB, when the intel i5 cpu in this machine according to the intel's site can support up to 32GB of RAM!

Thank you again!

1.3K Posts

July 15th, 2013 07:00

Hi Lirim,

Thank you for your reply.

Maximum Memory Size is dependant on memory type. Currently, the Intel Chipset used for notebook computers does not support 32GB RAM. 

Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

2 Posts

July 24th, 2013 23:00

Hi Babita,

I just wanted to know whether upgrading RAM of my Dell Inspiron 15R by myself will void the warranty or not.

1.3K Posts

July 25th, 2013 00:00

Hi Bit_Junky,

Eligible components purchased through Dell are covered for either the term of the warranty printed on the component's packing slip or the remainder of the system warranty, whichever is longer. Please dis-assemble the system chassis only if you are comfortable doing so.

Accidental damage caused because of memory purchased through third party or installation done without Dell's direction is not covered under Dell's Limited Hardware Warranty. Such damage does not void the customer's warranty but does require the customer to purchase (from Dell) replacements for any damaged part(s) before Dell can provide support on any hardware affected by the customer-induced damage.

For instructions on how to replace memory, please click on the link below and enter your system service tag. Follow the instructions in the "Before You Begin" section prior to removing any parts from the computer.  

http://dell.to/XULgT1

Please reply if you have further queries. We would be happy to help.

Thanks and regards,
Babita S
#iworkforDell 

1 Message

October 4th, 2013 05:00

I have upgraded my Dell Inspiron 5520 memory to 8GB, but now it shows that the memory usable is 2.41 GB. Can you please help me now. Thanx

March 23rd, 2015 06:00

Hi, is the 8 GB limit per slot or total.

I currently have 2 x 4 GB Rams installed and looking to upgrade it to 2 x 8 GB Ram. Will this be supported.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 23rd, 2015 07:00

8G total as 2x4 is max official support.

1 Message

October 22nd, 2015 05:00

May I use DDR3 2133 MHz RAM in that laptop?

1 Message

January 20th, 2016 07:00

Did this work? I am interested in going to 16GB in my R15 5520 as well. Please lmk

Thanks

No Events found!