Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2015 20:00

Inspiron 5548 BIOS Update Failure

I have an 15" Inspiron 5548 running the A05 BIOS update from (7/27/15) and Windows 10. I have been experiencing some loud fan noise issues and high CPU Usage.

I noticed there was a more recent BIOS available from Mid September also title A05. I followed Dell's installation instructions and ran into a major issue. After the computer restarted to install the new BIOS i was brought to a loading screen where I would keep receiving the error message "No boot device found strike any key to restart". I did this about 5 times before deciding that something was wrong. 

I held F12 and went to the boot settings, after messing around a bit I finally managed to get the computer to start to windows again by selecting UEFI Boot not secure or something along those lines. This was the only way I could get my computer to start again.

Once the computer was started again I checked my BIOS version to find that it was still the same version as before I started! I have tried to install the new version three times and have run into the same problem everytime! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

12 Posts

October 20th, 2015 12:00

same problem.

1 Message

October 25th, 2015 07:00

I have the same problem on the same model. I just can't reboot from the HD. Any help?

Regards.

13 Posts

January 25th, 2016 08:00

I finally got mine to work after several attempts. I believe there must have been an issue with the update they had available. Unsure what exactly changed but it is updated now.

No Events found!