Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

December 10th, 2015 11:00

Inspiron 5558 Driver Update Versions

I am updating an Inspiron 15  5558 with the lastest drivers manually using the Service Code and Express Service Tag.  I am not using the Dell  Update utility.   I have found several of the drivers /updates on the Dell site have either the same or an earlier version number than my laptop, but  the Dell release date may be more recent with some files. Also, some files on the Dell site are the same version with an A00 suffix.  The BIOS file seem to be consistent.   What is the latest file   - file version or release date?

27 Posts

January 7th, 2016 08:00

Can anyone provide any input on updating new Inspiron laptop with the latest recommended and urgent downloads? Should I just install all files based on the service/express tags or use the Dell utility,  and not consider the existing file version on the laptop? 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 7th, 2016 09:00

:emotion-2:

Here's a partial snapshot of your Divers and Download. If you click on Important, you'll see the urgent file.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

" Should I just install all files based on the service/express tags or use the Dell utility "

I do strongly recommend using Dell "Detect Drivers". It's easy, safe and automatically detect driver updates for your system. Dell Detect will show you a screen with all the drivers and downloads that need to be download. You will be given the choice of downloading them.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5558-laptop/drivers/simple

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

First thing you should do is check the System Setup(BIOS):  Type msinfo32 into Cortana search bar....

Please click on Link below:

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

27 Posts

January 7th, 2016 13:00

Thanks for the info.  My current BIOS version is A02 and the Dell BIOS update are at A07, so the file is pretty far out of date. The Dell shows the installation order for BIOS as last, not sure if this is a problem though.

Can I easily remove the Dell Detect installer once the drivers are updated?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 8th, 2016 08:00

Yes, you can uninstall Dell Detect from your Programs. I do like to suggest you keep it for about 3-4 weeks. Great tool for detecting drivers. If you don't like Dell Detect, you can always uninstall it later. Here's an snapshot of Dell Detect in my Programs and Features - windows 10):

May 23rd, 2016 12:00

Hello, 

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 with an Intel i5 (5th generation) 5558. My CD/DVD drive is HL-DT-ST DVD+- RW GU90N operating on Windows 10 64-bit. I purchased this laptop in December 2015. I have been trying to reproduce music and I have noticed that the driver stops. When I go to the control panel to see what's happening the next message is given to me:

"Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

I have tried uninstalling the driver but after work well for some time, the problem returns.

Also, I have tried using Dell System Detect without a solution for my problem. 

I hope your comments.

No Events found!