Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2013 08:00

Inspiron 7000 (7537) Issue with connecting / finding 5 GHz wifi network

My new Inspiron is having an issue with connecting to my home wifi.

The router (UPC TC 7200 U) is set to 5 GHz on Channel 40  with n-standard and delivers a strong signal on all other devices that are connected.
According to the product description the Inspiron 7000 should have no problems finding this network as it has a  dual-band wifi card.
The issue also doesnt lie with the router as other new devices that I brought to my home can find and connect to the network without any problems.

I downloaded and installed the current intel and dell drivers for the wifi card; still I cannot find the 5GHz network on my new dell.
Does somebody have similar problems and could somebody please help me reseolve this issue, as it is very frustrating!!

1 Message

December 1st, 2013 08:00

Even I'm confused. The wifi description for my recently ordered inspiron 15 7000 says -

555-BBHH
Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-N 7260 2x2 BGN + Bluetooth 4.0

That is completely wrong ---  Either it's "Single Band xxxxx BGN" or it should be "Dual Band xxxxxx   AGN". There are no dual-band BGN cards as they all use 2.4GHz only (not 5 GHz).

I'm also concerned about "256 GB mSATA" drive. 

400-ACET
256GB mSATA Solid State Drive

I think this is incorrect as well .....since inspiron 15 7000 is not supposed to have active mSATA slot. It should be regular 2.5" SSD {Probably Samsung Pro 256GB}.

-Ady

1 Message

January 31st, 2015 09:00

I got the same issue, there is no way my computer come to connect to a 5Ghz Wifi even if it's indicated to be able to!

No Events found!