Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

C

1 Message

March 15th, 2007 20:00

Inspiron 9400/E1705 ATI X1400 Display Problems on some websites

I just received (yesterday) my new Inspiron 9400/E1705 with the ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 (256 MB) and am having a problem viewing a few websites.

When I open some websites in IE, the page slowly draws the background from top to bottom.  I also have a scrolling problem on these pages - The page gets choppy and very slow when I scroll down (it appears to be trying to redraw itself).  If I have a window open that overlaps the website and then minimize that window, it slowly redraws the background and page in that are again.

I downloaded firefox and the problem is not noticable in firefox.

Any suggestions?  (The website that is giving me the most trouble is my blog www.opoker.blogspot.com - perhaps my template is messed up?)

Thanks,
cmitch

26 Posts

March 17th, 2007 15:00

You're running off VGA, my friend. :smileytongue:

If you notice, you should have problems scrolling down anything, even a long text document. This is because your video card is being told to run at a very slow speed. This is usually because there isn't the proper driver installed for the system and therefore it resorts to the video card's VGA mode. This mode is very slow but almost always compatible with the computer, just in case anything should go wrong.

To get yourself out of this jam you're in, go to the Dell support page for your computer and get the latest Dell video driver for your card. First, make sure that you remove the video driver already on there if there is one before you install this newer one. If you need help doing this, see some of the FAQs in this section and on the website in general. Someone will be willing to help you out.

Hope this helps you.
- cpizzurro
No Events found!