Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

April 26th, 2016 23:00

Inspiron N5030 RAM Replacement - Help!!

I own a Dell Inspiron N5030 for the past four years and it had served me well. Few keys are damaged in my keyboard and I have ordered new keyboard through Amazon so that I can replace the damaged one with this, all by myself. While looking at "How To" videos, I also noticed that it is also easy to upgrade RAM. I currently have 2GB RAM in my system. But I don't know if it is in single slot or 1GB+1GB double slot. Also I am clueless on how to buy a compatible RAM. What should I be buying that is compatible with N5030? Is there a specific type or name that I use to search for the RAM? Like DDR3, DDR2, etc.. I have no clue what they mean. Please help me with this.

April 27th, 2016 03:00

Hi DEARBASHEER,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Mim. memory supported: 2 GB

Max. memory supported: 6 GB

Type supported: DDR3 1333 MHZ

As there are 2 slots, you can can use both the slots to optimize the memory utilization.

Do get back to us if you have any other queries.

Regards,
DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

April 28th, 2016 00:00

Thanks Akshatha, for your swift reply. I had ordered a Transcend 4GB DDR3L 1600 LAPTOP RAM from Amazon. At the time of ordering it didn't realize that it is a 1600MHZ RAM. But on enquiry with people I was told that 1600MHZ RAM will work in 1333MHZ compatible motherboards and will operate at 1333MHZ. Is this true? Should I go ahead and use this RAM in my system or cancel and order 1333MHZ one?

Also my laptop already has a 2GB 1333MHZ RAM in one slot. Can I use 1333MHZ in one and 1600MHZ in another slot? 

April 29th, 2016 06:00

Hi DEARBASHEER,

RAM speed of 1333MHZ has been tested by Dell and we can confirm that any memory module with this speed would be supported.

Regards,

DELL-Akshatha M
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell

No Events found!