Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 11th, 2014 08:00

Inspiron N5030 integrated webcam app

I have just done a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on an Inspiron N5030. I cant get the webcam to work. In DM,  "Integrated webcam" is listed under Imaging devices. The status is 'working properly'. The driver is 6.1.7601.18208. I dont think it is a driver issue but an application issue.  Dell seems to be hiding that app pretty good. When I run Dell SX2210WFP Monitor Webcam Application, I do not see the Inspiron N5030 listed on the drivers for OS deployment list. Should I use it anyway??

From the drivers page, I used Intel GM45 Express Chipset Family, v.9.1.1.1023, A00

Thx

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 11th, 2014 11:00

teeguy,

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the Dell System Software(if applicable) and the chipset drivers first? If not, the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct

Windows 7/8 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers. If you system needs webcam drivers, go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag, then select your operating system. If your system needs webcam drivers, they'll be listed under Input.

(Windows 8)How to make the webcam work with help from this youtube. You have to open the Camera app first, and then click Settings on the charm bar to see where you can give the app permission to use the webcam.

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

You can try this file, also known as Dell Webcam Central.

Create a new unrestricted user account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If yes, log out and log back in to your account and try the webcam. Did the webcam work?

If no, then the webcam became detached from the motherboard, usually near the webcam

Rick

13 Posts

March 11th, 2014 12:00

Honestly, I dont remember if I installed the chipset drivers first or not. (If i did, do I have to reinstall windows and start over?)

Dell_System-Software_A02_R274692.exe wont install because it is 32 bit and the same for DSS_UTIL_WIN_R274692.EXE. Supposedly, WOW64 is automatic.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 11th, 2014 20:00

teeguy,

Just install the drivers in the correct order.

Rick

No Events found!