Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 25th, 2014 19:00

Inspiron N5050 went dead

I got on my laptop earlier and my keyboard was acting very strange. I would type, lets say the letter K, and it would type in KU7. I restarted and still did the same. I got around that by using the Windows keyboard. I went online and was watching a Netflix movie but I needed to get up to grab me something to eat. I paused the movie as I have done 100's of times and when I went back to my computer, I wiggled the mouse, as I have done 100's of times, but nothing happened. I looked at my laptop and there are no lights, no sound, no nothing. My AC Adapter has the little green light so I assume it was charging when it went off. I unplugged the power cord, took the battery out and held the power button for 15 seconds as suggested on this forum somewhere, plugged in the power cord and nothing. Unplugged again, put in battery, tried to turn on, and nothing again. My warranty ran out on March 1,2014 so the laptop is only 2 years old and I have taken very good care of it. Any suggestions??

2 Posts

I appreciate your quick response but even with the instructions, I do not feel I can do what you suggested. I have never done anything like that and do not have any of the things needed. I am grateful for your response though.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

Hi Kenny1966,

I also suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive, optical drive, wireless cards and see if that make a difference.You may refer to the manual in the link below for removing and reseating of components.

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_inspiron_laptop/inspiron-15-intel-n5050_service%20manual_en-us.pdf

Please let me know the findings.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

April 28th, 2014 11:00

Hi Kenny1966,

I would suggest you to contact a local computer technician who should be able to diagnose the issue and let you know.

No Events found!