Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2014 00:00

Inspiron N5110 hinge/hinge base broken - identify damaged parts

I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop. Right hand side LCD panel connector to the base is broken. When I close the LID, part of the hinge coming out from the base. I think hinge screw holes( plastic piece in the base that attaches LCD hinge ) is broken. I attached some images if you are not clear about the situation.

Can I fix this by replacing the laptop base cover ?

I also got these pieces from from the one who repair it.

18 Posts

August 27th, 2014 20:00

Hi did u check on ebay to see if someone had like it for sale.

2 Posts

August 27th, 2014 23:00

heyy WOLFBEAR60,,

actually i'm not sure which part is damaged. In the images what you can see is the right hand side hinge popped out from the laptop base.

both base and hinges are available at ebay, amazon and some other online websites.
i did not disassemble the laptop because i fear i might not be able to assemble it with damaged parts.

i want to know exactly which part to buy. base / hinge / both ? 

1 Message

August 30th, 2014 17:00

Hello Loxxlee, 
  Can you share the link to the base part, where can I buy it ? 
  Is your laptop fixed ? I have the same issue couldn't find the base part . 

thanks! 

1 Message

February 4th, 2015 09:00

I have a total of three laptops with the same problem.  On one where the casing was broken off where the screw goes in to hold the hinge in place, I had to take apart the whole laptop to assess the problem.  There is no way to fix this but to purchase new casing.  I ordered a top casing for one laptop to replace on one of the laptops.  It is easier to take out the screen portion rather than the whole motherboard etc.  If anyone has a work around for this problem I would love to hear.  I wish Dell did not assemble them so cheaply.

August 30th, 2015 15:00

HEY! I too had exactly same problem one year ago. I went to some local shop and the guy there made some arrangement ( he used a hot soldering iron, made a small place to set a new screw from it in the body) and it never troubled me again! Nd incredibelly, it cost me only Rs. 400!!!!!!

1 Message

September 1st, 2015 10:00

hi..

I faced the same problem right now. Is it possible if I just glue the damage part. I've sent it to local shop and they gave me two options. either just glue it, will cost 80cad ++ or replace new part and will cost me 80 cad + 150~200cad (for new part) which is quite expensive for me. Any suggestion, I need to use the laptop as soon as possible.

April 19th, 2016 23:00

Hi Nishant, from which city you belong to, I belong to Gurgaon. Can you please tell me so that if we are in same city, you can suggest me the shop and I can take my laptop to get the same repaired in such a cheap price. Or else, you can guide me something that I take this to a repair guy and he does exactly what I tell him to do.

8 Posts

April 26th, 2016 02:00

hello ,

this is one of the ridiculous model to buy.......check the discussion below

https://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19523833

5.2K Posts

April 26th, 2016 08:00

I am getting privacy warnings of this link. BE CAREFUL!!

8 Posts

April 29th, 2016 00:00

Not sure why , check this link

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19523833/20901915#20901915

i am also updaitng the fix for this problem , i did it 2 days back.

thanks

kUnal

No Events found!