Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2013 19:00

Inspiron N7110 can't access Nvidia graphics card

I received my Inspiron 17R N7110 about a year ago as a graduation present. Because it was a graduation gift, I didn't do a thorough search of the computer's specs and didn't find out until a few days ago that it is supposed to include an Nvidia GeForce GT 525M graphics card. However, I can't seem to find the card in the Device Manager and attempting to download the drivers for the card simply fails. What should I do? Is it possible that I do not have the card? Thanks for any responses!

August 16th, 2013 01:00

Hi Thenaskgul,

Since the Inspiron N7110 computer goes with Intel HD Graphics card(Integrated) and customers have choice to add the (Discrete card) either NVidia or AMD Graphic card. Please provide us the Service tag of your computer so we can check the exact configuration as it was sent at the time of purchase and will assist accordingly. Please contact me through private message by clicking on my name. On the next page, click the envelope icon and provide your service tag and contact information(as mentioned below) so that I may access your system records.

System Service Tag No:
Registered System Owner's Name:
Shipping address:
Telephone number/s:
Email address:

Reply us back with your findings.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 16th, 2013 05:00

If you don't see an entry in the Device Manager for the nVidia chip, you have the base model without it.  It was an option on the higher-line N7110 models - it was not part of the base configuration.

3 Posts

August 16th, 2013 11:00

I understand that it was an option, and I initially thought I simply didn't have it as well. However, I checked my owner's guide specs and the Nvidia is listed as a discrete GPU there. Is this simply information given in all N7110 owner's guides or should i have it?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 16th, 2013 13:00

There is only one user's guide - it covers all models.  Only the high-end models have discrete video.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

August 17th, 2013 14:00

Generally they were the over-$1,000 models.  Instead of guessing, enter the service tag number at support.dell.com and look up the original configuration.  It'll tell you whether you have a UMA system or discrete/hybrid video.

3 Posts

August 17th, 2013 14:00

Could you possibly define which models are the "high-end" models, please?

April 8th, 2014 14:00

I have the same problem, and I bought the higher-end i5 processor 8GB of RAM and 1TB hard drive!

September 19th, 2015 17:00

Hello - Did you ever receive a response to your comment. I also have the "high end" 7110 and don't seem to have the Nvidia card either. I'm just noticing since I need to access it for some software I'm using but am finding out that I don't have it although it displays in Device Manager in Windows 7.  I'm curious to know what your experience was. I see your posting is from last year - I hope you were able to resolve the problem.  Thank you.

No Events found!