Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 2nd, 2015 19:00

Inspiron cable lock

I have a new Inspiron 15 7000 (model 7558). The hole for a security cable is too small for a standard Kensington compatible lock. What's up? What does work? Thanks, - David

1 Message

August 18th, 2016 14:00

I have the same issue. I received two different Kensington locks from Dell and neither fit. I called Kensington directly and was told they do not make a lock for the Inspiron 7000 series. Did you end up finding a lock to fit your computer?

August 18th, 2016 23:00

Yes, "Noble Security Wedge Profile Lock - for Tablets and Ultrabooks" , try this linkhttp://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?sku=A6451164&s=dhs 

or accessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

- David

September 21st, 2016 10:00

Hi guys,

Dell has adopted A new security system and thus on the vast majority of their new products the security slot has changed to a smaller, more elegant wedge slot. the new security lock to fit these slots is noble's WEDGE Security Lock, So on most new dell products a standard Kensington lock will not work anymore

And a Noble Wedge security lock is required.

Hope this helps,

John

September 21st, 2016 10:00

Hi Guys,

DELL has adopted a new security system and the security slots on most of their new products has been changed to Wedge slots. The only Security lock that can fit these new smaller and more elegant  slots are Noble's Wedge Security locks. Thus on most of new dell products a standard kensington lock will not work anymore, the only solution to secure most new dell products is Noble's Wedge Security locks.

Hope this helps

John

No Events found!