Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 6th, 2010 18:00

Inspiron e1505 with minicard 1500 wireless...wifi not showing up.

I have no wifi icon in my startup tray. The wifi light does not light up. Device manager does not list my wireless card and just below network adapters I have three "Base System Device" messages with yellow question marks.

I have read that drivers need to be installed in a particular order. I'm also seeing something about the "ricoh" chipset, which is probably not installed.

I doubt that I installed all the drivers in the right order; so how do I "uninstall" so I can re-install?

The missing wifi is the big problem.

Thanks.

Mark

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 6th, 2010 18:00

Go back and reload Windows from scratch.  Then load the Dell notebook system software and the Intel chipset driver.  After that the other drivers can be loaded in any order.

You must load those two drivers before you install any others.

2.4K Posts

April 14th, 2010 16:00

Try FN F2 and see if it enables your wireless card. If it is still not seen in the BIOS then you may have to try to reseat it and make sure the antenna wires are connected.

11 Posts

February 7th, 2010 05:00

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll get started as soon as I finish crying.

Mark

11 Posts

February 7th, 2010 07:00

Thanks.

Yes, under Network Adapters, there is a listing for "Other Devices" and three sub-listings for "Base System Device"...all with yellow question marks.

Mark

11 Posts

February 13th, 2010 16:00

Any hope?

11 Posts

March 30th, 2010 02:00

This is so frustrating. I've reinstalled Windows and followed the correct order for loading the drivers. Still I have no wifi. The light is dead and there is no wireless icon in the system tray. The yellow question marks are gone in the device manager now...FWIW.

Speaking of device manager, under Network adapters, there are two nodes. One is 1394 Net adapter and the other is Broadcom 440x 10/100 Integrated Controller. Is the second one the wireless adapter? Or is it not even showing up?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

March 30th, 2010 05:00

The Broadcom is the wired Ethernet adapter.  Check the BIOS setup to make sure wireless is enabled (F2 at powerup).

11 Posts

March 30th, 2010 10:00

Yes, wireless is enabled. However, under "System >> Device Info" in the Bios setup, the listing for "Wi-Fi Device" is {none}.

I have installed the driver:

Dell_Wireless (US) WLAN Card,...Driver Version: A14.

The InstallShield Wizard completes the installation process and shows this message:

"Setup has finished installing the Dell Wireless SLAN Card software on your computer and has started the Dell Wireless WLAN Card."

When I click on "Finish" the readme.txt file is displayed and under Troubleshooting section it says:

"Problem or Symptom: After I installed a new Dell Wireless 1500 Draft 802.11n WLAN card, my computer fails to complete the startup process.

Possible Solution: Update the system board in your computer with latest BIOS."

I had already updated the Bios with the latest version available from Drivers & Downloads. What am I missing? Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

11 Posts

March 31st, 2010 16:00

I really need to get my wifi working. If anyone has any ideas I am most anxious to try them.

11 Posts

April 10th, 2010 22:00

Ok...blind hog here...hoping for an acorn. :(

11 Posts

April 13th, 2010 20:00

Wow...is it lonely here or what? Seems as if there was a lot of effort put into redesigning a forum that just sits un-noticed. :emotion-6:

11 Posts

April 19th, 2010 14:00

Thanks FN F2 only toggles bluetooth. I set it to work with wifi in setup, but since wifi isn't recognized, I guess it only works for bluetooth. I don't know where to find the wifi card to re-seat it. Do I need to remove the keyboard?

2.4K Posts

April 19th, 2010 15:00

Yes, you will need to remove the keyboard to get to the mini-card slot.

11 Posts

April 20th, 2010 13:00

Thanks for that suggestion. The card seemed to be seated ok, but I pulled it out and re-inserted it anyway. That did the trick! Thank you!

2.4K Posts

April 20th, 2010 14:00

Good, I am glad you are up and running.

No Events found!