Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2010 09:00

Intel 965 drivers

I have been receiving various BSOD and am trying to make sure i have the most up to date drivers...

When looking at the dell support site the most recent driver listed for intel 965 chipset is 8/4/2008, I have just had a look on intel's main site and the most recent driver is 3/5/2009. Would I have any problems downloading the newer driver as it suggests that if it is a OEM machine you should download from the DELL.??

23 Posts

June 6th, 2010 15:00

any ideas?

176 Posts

June 7th, 2010 06:00

let intel scan your system and the scanner will tell you whether that driver is downloadable or not.  if it still tells you to download from dell then you should keep the driver from dell.  manufacturers like dell modify certain drivers like video and wireless cards and you can't use the manufacture's dri vers. 

23 Posts

June 8th, 2010 15:00

When i scan my system on the intel site it shows that i have v7.14.10.1409 installed (the latest driver on dells site), but intel list the latest version as v15.12.4.1666

Thats quite a jump, I will download it direct from intel and see what happens, I have created a restore point

23 Posts

June 8th, 2010 16:00

grr, bloody dell. clicked install, started going well then got the following message.

The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the manufacturer. Setup will exit....

I have now removed all my documents so think i will go ahead with restoring to factory settings

No Events found!