Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2012 17:00

Intel Centrino N 2230 Inspiron 15R wifi Range

Hi I purchased a Inspiron 15R lap top with a intel centrino N 2230 wireless adapter in it and the wifi I get in the building if I am not in the room with the router sometimes I can not connect where my older dell lap top can and my friends computers are connecting.  it seems like the older lap tops here can pick up the wifi signal from further away.  better.  Is there anything I can change with settings to hopefully connect from where I used to be able to connect using my older dell ?  Thanks 

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 11th, 2012 12:00

louismar,

Try reading...

Intel® WiFi Products — Power Save Polling (PSP) causes connection issues with some access points

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Create a Power Plan

Select High performance.

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your wireless adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Intel ~ Recommended settings for 802.11n connectivity

Rick

5 Posts

August 11th, 2012 14:00

Hi I already had the power management box unchecked but I did check the settings and noticed one that was different it had 20 mhz instead of auto so I changed it to auto like it said to hope it helps....

5 Posts

August 14th, 2012 12:00

Well I checked today still have the same problem can not connect to wifi where my older dell can It does list the connection though but can not connect then I go in room with router connects with 5 bars.  Help anyone ?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 14th, 2012 19:00

louismar,

Is your system under warranty? If yes, then contact Dell Tech Support.

Rick

1 Message

September 4th, 2012 01:00

The solution is quite simple. Just get the driver DVD from Dell and install the driver-version thats on that disk. It's some versions backward but it works !

It's a pity that Dell/Intel can't telle you this I've been experimenting for 2 weeks to get my Intel Centrini N2230 on my Inspiron 15R (5520) card running.

No Events found!