Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 30th, 2015 09:00

Intel wifi adapter 3165

Inspiron 15 7568 2 in 1 has issues connecting to Internet. Shows adapter is connected to router but no apps will connect and edge does not connect. Have reset PC several times with temporary success. All other devices i.e. Desktop/laptop  connect and work just fine. Please help.

1 Message

December 30th, 2015 14:00

I'm having the same issue, I installed all of the latest drivers on the dell website. Now I'm in the process of running the diagnostics test on my network card. I'm hoping it'll resolve the issue, I'll keep you updated.

1 Message

March 6th, 2016 08:00

OR.. use another computer to go to dell's website, enter your service code. Download the essential files onto a thumbdrive and move them onto your labtop and install.

This took me 6-8 minutes and mine is fixed.

1 Message

January 2nd, 2016 12:00

I just purchased the same and it is doing the same thing to me.

1 Message

January 12th, 2016 14:00

Intel 3165 Wireless - no connection - no Intel adapter listed in device manager.

Just bought a new Inspiron 15, 7568 2 in 1 laptop. Wireless does not work at all.

Here are the steps I performed to get it up and running.

Goto settings > Update & Security>Recovery>Reset this PC (your basically resetting to factory default)

This will take awhile, be patient.

Once Windows 10 comes back up, log back in.

When wireless setup came up I chose the 2.4 GHZ band to connect to.

Although this connection was not very stable it allowed me to get to Dell's support site and download the latest BIOS for this system.

Install latest BIOS (this will take several reboots)

Once that is done, your wireless should be working 5 GHZ and 2.4GHZ

Then go and perform a windows update. This will download a lot of updates. (several more reboots)

After all this gets done (about 1:30 hrs) your system should be working as designed.

In my case, Dell appears to be blowing an out of date image onto the laptop, as well as an out of date BIOS, at the factory and then shipping that way. Bad Customer Experience!!

This is how I got this laptop working. Wife loves it.

Just wish Dell would take the time to do this in the factory, not let the customer have to deal with it.

1 Message

January 27th, 2016 13:00

THANK YOU!!.  You just saved me throwing a just opened $1500+ laptop out the window.  I did the reset, BIOS update, also found a new adapter driver release on Jan 21 that I installed.  Then the Windows updates. So far so good.

2 Posts

April 5th, 2016 06:00

I am having this same problem.  I received it after Christmas and had problems with it right out of the box.  Contacted Dell, spent hours on the phone with them, they updated everything it worked fine for 1-1/2 months and know it isn't working again.  They had we sent it back to them to fix and I received it yesterday and it is like they did nothing to it.  Know they are going to send someone to my house to fix it.  I really wish i would have never bought a Dell.  I wish I could just return it.  Anyone have any suggestions what I can do?

3 Posts

May 10th, 2017 16:00

I too have a Inspiron 7568 2-in-1.  It ***.  Tried to return it.  Dell has policies in place to prevent returns.  Dell designers should be ashamed of this model.  It is terrible.

No Events found!