Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 5th, 2014 14:00

Internal Mic problems

Hello!

I have recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 3537. Everything seemed to be working well until I started using Skype. During the conversation, people on the other end tell me that my sound keeps on getting cut off. According to them it usually happens when they finish speaking and I begin, for about 5-10 seconds they cannot hear me. Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

January 6th, 2014 06:00

I would re-install the Realtek audio driver, configure the mic for recording, then open Windows Sound Recorder and test the mic a good bit. If it works okay in Sound Recorder but continues to under perform in Skype, I would think the problem is in Skype, which you might want to re-install. Or try this:

1.Open Skype, go to Tools/Options/Audio Settings (or Tools, Options, Sound Devices)
2. Be sure to have the correct audio in device selected.
3. Uncheck the 'Automatically adjust microphone' box and then drag the blue volume button to the highest (or right below) the highest setting then save.

If Skype is automatically turning down your mic's volume then doing that might help. Or Skype's tech support, faq's, or forum might be able to help.

No Events found!