Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2012 19:00

Internet access icon display continually for 2-3 min.

Hi,

Every time when i start the system it searching for internet access continually for 2-3 min displaying moving icon in the tray.In the meantime i can't do any other work.Please see the attached image

Is there any setting in the laptop so that we can control this processing?

Thanks

3.8K Posts

February 26th, 2012 00:00

Hi Sukhjeevan,

Welcome to the Community. Unable to see that image. It could be an issue with your startup programs. Click on start, type in msconfig and press enter, click on startup tab on top, click on disable all at the bottom, click on Apply, click ok and restart your computer. Note some programs need to start automatically when you turn on your computer, like you antivirus program, so make sure that is checked.

Hope this helps

Thank you

Royan

41 Posts

February 27th, 2012 04:00

Actually i tried to attach the image but got following error every time:

" Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error.

Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too. "

3.8K Posts

February 27th, 2012 19:00

Hi,

Were you able to try the steps given above?

Royan

41 Posts

February 27th, 2012 20:00

Hi,

Yes I tried but not with All Disable.I disabled the item which is related to network access in start-up tab and restart the laptop.Still icon running continually.

I need your help regarding one more issue,please see the link given below:

en.community.dell.com/.../19438595.aspx

Thanks

41 Posts

Hi,

OK I'll try this also.

Thanks

3.8K Posts

Hi,

Try disabling all and check, you will know if its a problem with one of the startup programs.

Thank you

Royan

41 Posts

February 28th, 2012 08:00

I tried disabling all and restart the system but problem still exist.

3.8K Posts

February 28th, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Go back to msconfig, and instead for clicking on the starup tab on top, click on Services Tab, click on hide all Microsoft Services at the bottom, and uncheck services that are not required, and click on Apply ok, and restart your computer.

Thank you

Royan

41 Posts

February 29th, 2012 09:00

I disabled all and check now its working properly and found the service which is the main cause of this.It is Netowork store Interface service.Now when i disable it system start immediately but  it does not show the Dial up and VPN connection list when we click on this icon(Connection list means Airtel,MTS data card etc.)

No Events found!