Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 9th, 2016 21:00

Is Inspiron 11 3148 in built with digitiser screen???

Hey..

My question is for my dell inspiron 11 3000 2 in 1 3148

Can you tell me plzz, does ispiron 11 3148 has a digitiser screen??

I mean i want to use it with an active stylus, so plzz solve my problem whether it supports active stylus or not??

Bcoz its bigger sibling inspiron 13 7000 does support active stylus...

Bt in inspiron 11 there is nowhere mentioned support for the active stylus or it has a digitiser screen..

Plzzz answer 

The thing is that Active styluses are a bit costlier therefore i can't try it out by myself as i am a student and dont have enough money just for trying those... Its like wasting money..

If you anwer my query, then only i'll buy a piece of stylus..

By the way you make very good machines

I love using my inspiron 11 3000 2in 1 hybrid... Surely i will suggest others to buy this.

Plzz answer..

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 10th, 2016 08:00

The biggest difference is a more capable CPU (i3 vs. Celeron Dual Core/Quad Core)  - the 8 model has the i3 and the 7 model the lower-end CPU.

Neither has a digitizer -- if you're looking for a hybrid notebook in this class with one, you'll need to look nearer the $800 starting price than the $300 -- digitizers are not inexpensive and you'll not find them on entry-level models like the 11-3000 series.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 10th, 2016 04:00

The 3148 does not have a digitizer - it's a touchscreen only.

15 Posts

February 10th, 2016 07:00

Also tel me what is diffrence bw inspiron 3148 and 3147??

15 Posts

February 10th, 2016 07:00

Then which pen shud i use with my inspiron 3148

As there is a pen and touch option in control panel

Also in tablet settings,pen settings are there...

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 12th, 2016 04:00

Look for a universal capacitive-screen stylus -- Targus sells many of these.  However:  though these will work, they WILL NOT add precision writing to your system.  They're basically a point/click/underline/highlight -- whatever you can do with a finger, these can do.  They CANNOT, however, turn your touch screen into a precision input device.  

15 Posts

February 12th, 2016 04:00

Any passive stylus??

If yes,the which one??

15 Posts

February 12th, 2016 08:00

Heyy

Is the passive stylus that comes with inspiron13 a good option.

That one is also passive. Is it accurate with inspiron 11?

Does it has a thin tip??

If not then suggest me which one to buy??

There is also hp slate extreme stylus..

But I don't know about its responsiveness..

I want one with a thin tip with best possible accuracy.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 12th, 2016 09:00

It doesn't matter what thick or thinness the tip has -- what you're looking for is the ability to use the screen like a piece of paper - for drawing or writing.  

This is impossible with a low-end system like this model.  The touchscreen is designed to function as a mouse would - you use your finger to open applications, close them, resize windows, etc. just as you'd do with a mouse.  This is all your system is capable of doing.

Because it does not have a digitizer, you cannot do precision writing or drawing - whether you use a finger or a stylus, that fact remains.  Most of the"universal" capacitive styli have a large rubber tip that mimics your finger.

If your description is accurate, you need a new system to do what you want it to do.  That would mean something like a Surface Pro 4, Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga (NOT the IdeaPad version, which like the Inspiron is touch-screen only).  THEN you'll be able to use the pen as you're looking to use it -- as more than just a point-and-click device. 

15 Posts

February 12th, 2016 19:00

As you mentioned earlier it does not have any digitiser.

Adonit jot touch does not require digitiser, rather it is Bluetooth

Will it work with mine

And adonit jot pro is a passive one with precise point

Will they work

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 13th, 2016 04:00

Not according to the manufacturer - these are designed for iPads and android phones and tablets.

15 Posts

March 24th, 2016 22:00

hey,

there is a problem in my dell inspiron 11 3000

some keys{ caps lock, a, tab, q, z, esc, 1,`} 

don't work some times

they dont do anything for a long time

then suddenly start working very fine like nothing is wrong and work very good for 10-15 minutes.

then they stop working again,

they dont do anything

No Events found!