Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 27th, 2013 15:00

Issues with booting Dell Precision M4400

I have this old Laptop that i started using recently worked fine (this one heats so much and i mean up to 95%) until today when it fails booting(well sometimes after a couple of tried it starts sometimes it takes hours).

The laptop starts for like 3-4 seconds nothing appears on the screen,the fan stops working and after a sec i hear a beep and everything turns OFF.

I notice that when  i plug the charger and start it  caps and scroll lock is always turned on and num lock flashes 22 times until it stays turned on.What does the flashing num lock mean in dell code and how do i fix it.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

July 28th, 2013 20:00

Hi PrecisionOwner,

The Num Lock key flashing with steady Caps Lock and Scroll lock key indicates system board failure.

Shut the system down, remove the battery and disconnect the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds.  Now connect only the ac adapter and wait for 30 seconds and turn on the system. This will drain any residual charge in the capacitors.
If the issue persists, you may consider replacing the motherboard. Let me know the region you belong to, to provide the contact information to get the system serviced.

2 Posts

January 14th, 2015 05:00

Dear Sirs,

I have exactly the same error.
can I restore the bios?

when I
Holding press "END" on the keyboard, AC plug adapter, then the battery light is
orange ......

Can I get the current hdr bios file?
In Which USB port insert the stick?

If I "D" and "on" switch press does the display test

Thank You

Jan

1 Message

August 15th, 2015 17:00

I live in the US, and I need to know how or where to get my computer serviced please, if you could send that information.

No Events found!