Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 12th, 2017 23:00

Kernel-Processor-Power Dell Inspiron 7559

dears,

i enter event viewer for checking and i found these warnings.

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 6 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 5 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 4 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

if someone have solution for this .. thanks

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 18th, 2017 11:00

Hi,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and Video card driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and Video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Once the drivers are updated please monitor the issue for next couple of days to check for issue resolution.

January 18th, 2017 19:00

i did that and the problem still ON .. i did clean installation for windows and the same problems still occurs

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 19th, 2017 13:00

Please revert to us the with following details in private message. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

1. System service tag
2. Registered owner's name
3. Region your are located.
4. Email address

January 20th, 2017 05:00

ok i sent it .. thank you

January 21st, 2017 10:00

i notice this failed today .. i think its related to my problem ?

January 26th, 2017 14:00

any update ? .. can u answer me and dont ignore me plz >?

7 Posts

January 26th, 2017 15:00

Well, I don't work to Dell, but I have an idea about this warning. When I restart my Dell, after logging in I notice in about 2-3 minutes my CPU cooler goes to maximum speed for 5 sec and drops the speed to normal. I've read this happens in other brands of laptops with I7 processors.

So in my opinion this is safe process that limits power on processor during the boot time, to avoid overheating.

After logging in and windows starts to load drivers, the system applies the power plan. And during this firsts seconds with this limitation windows logs a warning about CPU is in low performance.

After this time, I see my system working pretty well. So in my opinion this is not a problem, just a limitation to prevent damages to the processor during the boot time. I'm not an engineer, but it makes sense since there is a thermal driver installed and it controls CPU power and cooling.

Make sure that your power plan is set to maximum performance and after 3 min look the processor speed at task manager. My system works 3.3GHZ  in idle and 3.5GHZ in full performance, the maximum this CPU can reach.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

January 26th, 2017 15:00

Try setting your Power Scheme to Balanced.  I saw some of those messages after I stopped some of the Dell utilities from loading, of which some were probably related to the Special Dell Power Scheme.

January 27th, 2017 00:00

thanks for your answer .. my CPU should reach 3.5 Ghz but its not reaching this .. i get 3.33 Ghz in normal use and its going to 3.07-3.10 Ghz in Stress use .. + im having random lagging issue and fps drop randomly during game or watching movies or even normal use .. something wrong with this laptop from the first time i brought it

February 3rd, 2017 01:00

i toke my laptop to DELL service center and they changed the motherboard but the problem still show .. :\ any suggestion ?

No Events found!