Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2017 14:00

Keyboard Backlight DELL Vostro 3558 (Service-Tag: )

Hi @all,

i have found out that the DELL Vostro 3558 has a 4 pin Backlight connector. So i bought me a keyboard with backlight it said compatible with DELL Vostro 3558/3559.

After connection everything works except the backlighting, in bios i also do not have the option to enable it. Is there a way to unlock this feature or do i need to wire it myself somehow?

Searching lead to an entry where a user successfully got a DELL Vostro 3559 Keyboard with Backlight working, sadly i cannot install the bios from that laptop i think there are not that much different.

So if somebody has an idea, please share it with me :)

Best Regards

532 Posts

February 21st, 2017 11:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

We did check the details and found that Vostro 3558 does not have a backlight feature for the keyboard.

We’d appreciate if you can share the link in which you found that Dell Vostro has a 4 pin backlight connector.

3 Posts

February 22nd, 2017 02:00

I found it out when i removed the keyboard.

See the image i took here with connected ribbon cable from the new keyboard:

dateien.falkzilm.de/.../

Each thread i found said KB_BL1 stands for keyboard backlightning.

So i assume it will be an bios issue - i will analyse bios from vostro 3559 and 3558 now.

Best Regards

532 Posts

February 23rd, 2017 14:00

Thank you for sharing the image. Sorry about the confusion. We request you to update BIOS and check if you are able to enable the backlit feature.

To download BIOS you can access our support site by clicking on this link. Once you enter into the homepage, enter the service tag in the service tag field. Once you enter the service tag and click submit, you have an option of the left side of the page to click on drivers and download. Once you click on the option, you may download and install BIOS from the BIOS section. Make sure to connect the charger throughout the update.

Let us know if this helped.

Best regards,

Lijo

3 Posts

February 23rd, 2017 21:00

I am already on the latest version A11.

No option for keyboard backlighting.

Best regards

532 Posts

March 1st, 2017 12:00

Thank you for the update. We apologize for the delay in replying. Please provide us the service tag and the name the order was placed under via private message, so that we can check for more details and assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

2 Posts

March 4th, 2017 14:00

Hello - I am in the same situation: Vostro 3558, BIOS A11, have the 4 pin keyboard backlit connector.  I bought a backlit keyboard, installed it and although the keyboard works fine, it does not light up.  No option to enable/disable in the BIOS.

When the issue is resolved please post solution here so I can use this feature on my Vostrro 3558.

No Events found!