Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 30th, 2015 07:00

Keyboard Backlight

Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1500 5000 Series laptop, Windows 10. 

I would like to toggle my backlight keyboard. I see it on my keyboard, and in the Windows Mobility Center, but I would like to increase the duration. Currently, my keyboard stays lit for 60 seconds. I would like it to not turn off at all.

Can I turn off the backlight timer? Can I chose to keep it on for more than 60 seconds?

Thank you so much.

September 30th, 2015 23:00

Hi talynnkpayne,

The duration of the backlight on your keyboard cannot be increased. As it is designed in such a way that when you leave it idle after few seconds the backlit will turn off. However, when you press any keys, the backlight will be turned on again until and unless you manually turn it off.

1 Message

February 12th, 2016 04:00

Hi all,

I have a Dell Precision7710 and I have the same problem with the keyboard backlight.

The backlight is usefull when I´m using the laptop at night with not too much light, in this situations I need the bakclight  to see the  keys I´m pressing.

If it has been turned off and I need to press something to turn it on and then press what I need...

it is not a good idea, actually this makes the keyboard backlight useless.

Thanks for your help.

1 Message

March 12th, 2016 15:00

Who made this silly decision? I want this fixed. I should be able to decide the backlight parameters myself just like every other power parameter - screen, hard drive, sleep, etc. Just a really dumb design.

March 20th, 2016 01:00

can any body guide me how to turn on my keyboard back light , i have the same laptop but i cant turn it on, fn F10 doesnt work, and Mobility centre is not showing the option

Please let me know reply to this post please

Regards

1 Message

June 2nd, 2016 16:00

I have recently purchased an i7 Inspiron 5759. I was expecting a backlit keyboard, but the laptop doesn't have one. I'm actually quite disappointed as that was certainly a noteworthy consideration when I selected the laptop.

Is it possible/easy/inexpensive to have the backlit keyboard added on retrospectively?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

June 3rd, 2016 05:00

Dell doesn't do upgrades, but it looks easy to change the keyboard on this model - the keyboard should run about $60:

< >

If you have a shop change the board, add another hour's labor charge to the cost.

1 Message

June 3rd, 2016 16:00

I'm sorry.  A Cool feature implemented badly still ***.  I understand wanting to save battery.

A few suggestions.  There is a camera on the computer.  When the power is plugged in and the camera detects low light, or that the sun has set, leave the backlight on. 

Under power Settings allow the customer to pick how fast they want to drain the battery.  What  you have as a default setting is fine.  But I want to customize it. 

So query:
What patch will address this?

6 Posts

August 7th, 2017 14:00

So my backlight just turns on and off while it is sitting there doing nothing.  Guess that saves the battery by draining it incrementally instead of all at once? lol!   Anyway to make it just stay on that someone has found?

No Events found!