Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2014 11:00

L702X Horizontal Dead Lines

Got an issue with my L702X.

This is a camera photo (not screenshot) of the top 1/6 of the screen. The issue occurs regardless of operating system (i.e., Windows or Linux). It started as a single line but seems to have multiplied. It is either the screen or GPU that needs replacing I'm just not sure which. Any experts out there know which needs replacing?

Spec:

• I7-2630QM
  • 550M GPU
  • HC9GK1 - LIQUID CRYSTAL DISPLAY, 17.3FHD, WLED, LVDS, AG, Z, CHI MEI OPTOELECTRONICS

3 Apprentice

• 

39 Posts

June 5th, 2014 12:00

Hi lmillsc,

Run diagnostics on the computer by tapping F12 when powering on the computer. Please let me know the outcome.

Thanks and Regards,
Vasudev.R
Social Media and Community Professional
Order Status : http://dell.to/1fgKSTr
Download Drivers : http://dell.to/1hcxG98

2 Posts

June 5th, 2014 16:00

Are the F12 diagnostics running off a partition on the hard drive? If so, I have replaced the hard drive with an SSD and no longer have access to this partition. Is there a link to a bootable media image I can flash/burn?

Thanks.

3 Apprentice

• 

39 Posts

June 6th, 2014 08:00

Hi lmillsc

The dell diagnostics are not run from any hard drive partitions. Even after SSD replacement dell diagnostics should run. Also try the following step to confirm if it’s an issue with the LCD screen we will have to perform the ‘LCD BIST’ (Built in Self-test) on the computer. Please follow the steps mentioned below to run the “LCD BIST’.

Turn of the computer.

Press and hold down the ‘D’ key on the keyboard and press the Power button.

You will see different colors on the LCD screen. Please check if still the issue reoccurs.

If you still see the lines on the screen while the LCD bist is running you will have to replace the LCD.

Also, please connect an external display to check if issue reoccurs.Please let me know the outcome.

No Events found!