Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 19th, 2012 23:00

L702X keyboard help?

Hello everyone! I was cleaning out my keyboard when i noticed that i had taken out the plastic retainer clips under the keys F5-10. If you look carefully, there are tiny metal prongs that hold the retainers in place. When i tried to put the keys back in, they wouldn't fit. I noticed that some prongs were bent. I tried bending it back into place but they were very fragile and broke off on the first two that i tried. Can i even put the keys back in without one prong and have the keys completely stable? I tried to put the keys in but the clips would never stay still or the plastic cap would be lopsided and loose. Can i buy new prongs for my keyboard or do i have to buy a new keyboard altogether and how much would that cost? Thank-You

-Dan

1.8K Posts

November 20th, 2012 00:00

Hi Dan,

You would need to purchase a new keyboard for your computer. If you set it up without the prongs, either keyboard or some keys of keyboard might not work. In order to assist you in a better way, I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message. 

Please reply with information. 

No Events found!