Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2016 01:00

LAPTOP MAKING SCRATCHING/STRANGE NOISES

Whenever I play music, sound any form of audio there is a scratching noise. There was also a period of time where whenever I opened & started my laptop there would be a high pitched screech that would not go away unless I turned my laptop. 

What is up with my laptop???

January 22nd, 2016 05:00

Hi Siccca

Good day, nice to hear from you.

When did the issue start??

Usually there are two common components which causes noise in any system, either the hard drive or fan. 

Sometime even the speaker causes screechy sound. 

Do you see any difference if you mute the speakers? From which side of the laptop do you hear the noise? Is the sound audible from earphones as well while playing audio?

Regards

2 Posts

January 22nd, 2016 19:00

Hi Hema,

It originally about a month or two after I got my laptop in 2014. It didn't happen to often back then, but now it happens very often. The noise is lest prevalent when I wear earphones, but there is a slight ringing sometimes.  There also isn't an issue when I mute my speakers... however there was the issue of where when I just opened my laptop and the loud noise occurred as I previously mentioned. 

The noise also didn't appear to be coming from a certain side of my laptop as far as I could tell.

Kind Regards.

January 23rd, 2016 20:00

Hi, Nice to hear from you. 

If i am not wrong, did you say, that the noise stops when you mute the speakers?

If its a yes, then the speakers need to be replaced, but then its a little confusing when you say that the noise is still audible via ear phone though faintly. 

Please PM us the system tag#. . 

Regards

January 24th, 2016 17:00

Hi,
We are awaiting your response.

Regardsd

No Events found!