Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 11th, 2016 13:00

Lack of PgUp/PgDown/Home/End keys PAIN

Hi!

Is it possible to send feedback to Dell R&D or whoever decides about the keyboard design?

I want to say that the lack of dedicated PAGE UP/PAGE DOWN/HOME/END keys on 15" laptops (like XPS 15 9530/9550) is a big PAIN... It is SO inconvenient...

The old keyboard layout like one on older Studio XPS 1645 was IDEAL...

So DELL PLEASE return that layout back!!

1 Message

May 5th, 2017 00:00

Totally agree VERY FEW keys are as important in basic editing as home and end to me. Incredibly poor design decision.

Using the FN key on 950 will take a little getting used. When I spend this kind of do-re-mi... I want it to do what I want out of the box.

2K Posts

May 14th, 2016 04:00

Hi VITALIY FILIPPOV,

These machines are classified as ultrabooks and hence the need to make hardware more compact.

Although there are no dedicated keys for PU, PD, Home and End, they are made available on the arrow keys to be used with function key intact when required.

However, we shall pass on the feedback to our PG team about this. Should you need to write anything specific, then you could write me an email. 

Let us know if you have any other queries.

1 Message

September 2nd, 2016 16:00

i back the argument. the dedicated pageup, pagedown, home and end are so useful keys, i cant live without them. having just one more vertical array of those keys in single column on the right side of the keyboard, wouldnt be inconvenient for a laptop even compact. those are necessities not luxury. 

I have had dell laptop for over 17 years and now even with the most exotic dell xps being the market, i feel so without choice and would have to pick yoga/lenovo, which have those keys.

its like dell is copying the apple way, which basically i never seen as programmers laptop. apple laptop are good for normal usage and dell were for progrmmers laptop until it did away with dedicated keys for pageup, pagedown, home and end keys.

No Events found!