Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 15th, 2015 22:00

Laptop Shuts down suddenly

Hi,

I have Dell inspiron N5010, i5.

500 Gb hard disk, 8 Gb ram.

The device tends to shut down suddenly, while doing some high performance tasks, such as a game or Photoshop or even flash videos like Youtube.

After shutdown, when its restarted, it shuts down at the windows loading logo and tends to do that if its turned on again.

After 15 to 20 mint it returns to normal again when turned on.

The device is old, i have replaced it's battery, and have checked by plugging the charger and removing the battery the issue still remains.

I got it checked from a person as well and it was advised that the (some part which i dont remember the name) controls the power on and off of the laptop and that is causing the issue.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

February 16th, 2015 00:00

Hi hussainbt,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS and Video card driver on the system. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section and Video card driver from Video section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.
  2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.
  3. Remove the battery from the computer.
  4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.
  5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to switch on the system.

In addition, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

3 Posts

February 16th, 2015 08:00

Dear Ravi,

Thanks for your feedback, for the part to remove battery and press power button for 15 seconds, i often do that to get the machine working, but it is not a permanent solution, it helps some times, some times it doesn't.

Let me check with the bios and video card, as i have been receiving alerts that video card drivers failed and were recovered. Let me check that and i'll get back to you.

Thanks..

3 Posts

February 21st, 2015 03:00

Dear Ravi,

I have updated all the video drivers and flash player as well. But the issue still remains.

I also noticed that the laptop restarts when a video is played online.

Looking forward to your kind feedback.

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

February 21st, 2015 07:00

Hi hussainbt,

In addition, I would suggest that you run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

Please let me know the findings.

No Events found!