Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 8th, 2013 21:00

Laptop does not turn on

I have a dell studio 1558, with intel i5 and 6GB RAM

I am unable to turn on the laptop. The adapter is connected and the battery is charged. But, when i press the power button, nothing happens.

I have tried some basic troubleshooting.

• Remove Battery, connect adapter.
  • Remove adapter, connect battery
  • Remove battery and adapter, hold power button for ~1 minute, then repeat above 2 steps.
  • Remove RAM sticks and try to power on (as suggested on another thread in the forum)
For all the above steps, there is no change in state. No beeps from the mother board or any response from the laptop.
The laptop was working fine until i used a can of compressed air to clean out the fan. I did this with the system powered off and the battery and adapter disconnected.
Please help.

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

Hi maver1k,

It seems to be an issue with the system board.

If the system is in warranty, please send me the service tag and the name listed on the account in a private message.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

6 Posts

Hi Manshu

The system is no longer under warranty

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

Hi maver1k,

Thank you for the reply.

Please let me know the country you are in so that I can provide you the contact information of the Expired Warranty Support.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

6 Posts

May 8th, 2013 22:00

Hi Manshu

I am in the US.

Is it possible to fix it locally by myself? Or, do i have to take it to a Dell Service Center?

6 Posts

Thank you for your assistance

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

Hi maver1k,

It can be fixed locally with the help of a local technician. Replacement of the system board is advised to be done by a professional only.

System Board needs replacement to isolate the issue as the problem can be because of another component as well.

Please click the link mentioned below for contact information of Expired Warranty Support.

http://dell.to/12LmNBq

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

4 Operator

• 

2.2K Posts

May 12th, 2013 04:00

Hi maver1k,

I am glad to be of assistance.

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S