Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 19th, 2014 14:00

Laptop-heater

hello 

My laptop dell inspiron 15r is less than a year old and when i run the everest to check sensors i was very shock of that what i've seen! i am not sure is it a hot plate or computer 

133 Posts

July 20th, 2014 01:00

The readings themselves look suspect to me. How can you have 2C alongside 71C in the same laptop. 71C is not excessive in itself for a CPU. Also remember that the more work a CPU is doing, the hotter it gets... and so if you load your system up with lots of little programmes that are always running then it will appear hot. A good guide is how often and how hard the fans are working. Mine haven't cut in during the last 60 minutes or so and I currently have three tabs open on IE11.

5 Posts

July 20th, 2014 02:00

i run this because the laptop was extremely slow. i had open 6 tabs in chrome and i played game eurotruck simulator. this game doesn't need so much resours. Believe or not i put my hand on the bottom side of the laptop and i couldn't hold for more than 3 seconds. can you suggest something that can help me, the laptop is still in warranty ? Where i can check  my warranty is it international because  I bought the laptop in USA   but currently  i am in Spain

133 Posts

July 20th, 2014 03:00

I would doubt you have a hardware issue tbh. Have you opened task manager ( press Ctrl>Shift and Esc at the same time) and looked to see if anything is using excessive CPU resources ?
No Events found!