Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2013 17:00

Laptop will not turn on

My laptop was working great yesterday and suddenly it would not turn on the following day. What is causing this problem?

October 12th, 2013 23:00

Hi Cassandra35,

Please follow these steps and reply with your findings

1.Connect the AC adapter to a known good power outlet. Check Power LED indicator on AC Adaptor (without plugging into the Notebook).
2. If LED on the AC adapter is not lit (when unplugged from notebook), reseat brick and cable.
3. Check if LED on the AC Adapter goes off after connecting to notebook
4. If the AC Adapter LED is ON, then remove external peripherals, Battery and Drain Flea (power Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds). If no go.
5.Also try with a different AC adapter and see if your laptop charges or turns on.

October 13th, 2013 09:00

Thank you. I tried that and it didn't work. I tried holding own the power key for 5 minutes without the battery attaching the reattaching the battery to turn the computer on - the computer is not turning on. I had the computer for 4+ years so I guess it survived it's lifespan and is now ready to join the computer graveyard.

October 14th, 2013 06:00

Hi Cassandra35,

Thank you for the update. This might be an indication of a faulty motherboard. You can contact the Out Of Warranty sales department they should be able to help you out.

Out Of Warranty Repair: 1800 288 4410 (US only). Please let me know if you stay in any other region.

( Note: OWR department is a paid service)

No Events found!