Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 16th, 2012 06:00

Latitude 2110 power issue

I have a dell Latitude 2110 mini that just will not power on for more than a second with the battery installed, with out it and only an a/c adapter nothing at all. I have tried several a/c adapters and none work even ones that worked on other computers.. what I have noticed is that if I have the adapter plugged in it has a green LED light on it that is lit up but as soon as I plug it in to this Latitude 2110 the LED on the A/C adapter goes off and I have to unplug it from the wall then plug it in again to get it to go again and work on any other computer.   From this I am thinking that the issue is in the mini laptops DC power/charging circuit but I am not sure what part if any there is I could order and install to repair this. 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice with this

3.1K Posts

October 16th, 2012 06:00

Hi,

It could be an issue with the motherboard or the DC in port. This system has a separate DC in port available. I would recommend you to replace the DC in and check. If the issue persists, then replace the motherboard. 

If you system is in warranty, you can send me the service tag of the system. I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on “Start Conversation” to send a private message.

If you system is out of warranty, then you can contact our out of warranty support. Please click on the link http://dell.to/V58Ixi, type the servce tag of the computer to get the contact information.

Please reply if you have any questions.

3.1K Posts

October 16th, 2012 09:00

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I have checked the details. The warranty on the laptop has expired. I would recommend you to call our out of warranty department on 1800-288-4410. If you are comfortable replacing the parts, then you can get the parts from our spare parts 1-800-357-3355 (Mon - Fri 7am - 8pm CST).You can refer to the manual for your reference http://dell.to/PzYmDe.

Please reply if you have any queries.

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 13:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.      

No Events found!