Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2013 09:00

Latitude E6510 keeps getting BSOD

We have a user that has had a Latitude E6510 for 16 months.  During this time, she has had A LOT of blue screens of death.  We have tried numerous attempts to troubleshoot and fix.  The Event Viewer doesn't show anything abnormal prior to the crashes.

Once I can get my hands on the laptop for a decent amount of time, I plan on running the Dell online diagnostic tool but I think we've tried that before.  I am posting this in an attempt to see if any others out there have had the same problem with their E6510 crashing and have come up with a fix on your own.

I TRIED to do searches to find potential answers but the I kept getting "Error retrieving documents." no matter what I used as a search value from E6510 to Latitude to Blue Screen.

Thank you.

1.1K Posts

February 28th, 2013 10:00

Hi alex445,

Please share the error message that appears in the blue screen. I will recommend you to run the diagnostics on your system to check the hardware functionality:

• Restart your system and keep tapping 'F12' as soon as the Dell logo appears.
  • Highlight 'Diagnostics' using up/down arrow keys and press enter.

Please let me know if you get any error code/message.

In case the diagnostics pass, check the system's functionality in 'Safe mode with Networking':

• Restart the system and keep tapping 'F8' as soon as the Dell logo appears.
  • Highlight 'Safe Mode with Networking' using arrow keys and press enter.
Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.
No Events found!