Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

M

September 20th, 2008 15:00

Latitude XFR D630 (the rugged laptop) - HELP!

Hello all,

I am hoping that the users know more then the Dell support people I have talked to so far…..:smileysad:

I own a Dell Latitude XFR D630 (the rugged laptop),  it has a touch screen.  I needed to replace the rugged backlit keyboard as I frequently work in wet and dirty environments (first responder – think hurricane IKE).  I am fairly technical and went to install the new keyboard using the service manual (what a terrible piece of work!) :smileymad:   ….  Anyways, I found that after installing the new keyboard that that backlight and the touch screen no longer work.  Hmmmm?  Well I will put in the regular keyboard to test it.  Strange thing is my connector wont allow a regular keyboard to be added because the "Y" cable   (that the backlit keyboard splice into) are both male.  Huh?  And my connectore (on the back of the backlit keyboard has two female plugs not the one male and one female shown in the repair manual.  What gives?  I tried asking un-technical support and got the long dull pause……  and then the statement that they don't see this laptop often…..  Help!  Anyone know?

Thanks,

Mark

6 Posts

May 28th, 2013 22:00

Dell service manual referred to this coupling as a "touch screen splice". Anyone know anymore about this part, like, is it unique to the D630 XFR, part #, place to purchase, or maybe a substitute part, has anyone tried to modify the connection?

I will appreciate any help/information that you generously provide,

No Events found!