Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

February 20th, 2011 13:00

Latitude XT3 - Worth the wait?

I need to buy a touchscreen laptop!  Do I wait on the XT3... or buy an HP?  I have an HP that I'm not impressed with.  Considering going back to a Dell... 

Does anyone know when the XT3 will be available... and how cool or NOT it will be?  I am so not happy with the performance of my HP, I need something that will work and work WELL.

Thanks for any thoughts...

A

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

February 20th, 2011 15:00

Since it uses a Sandy Bridge platform, the announced XT3 will likely be delayed as Intel works to fix that platform.  There is some information here:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/08/dell-latitude-xt3-convertible-tablet-hands-on-video/

I wouldn't recommend HP to anyone.  If you must have a tablet sooner, the ThinkPad series is a good alternative, if you can't wait.

1 Message

March 1st, 2011 20:00

The issues with Sandy Bridge were due to a chipset failure, not a failure in the actual processor.  As such, the recall only affects people who were using RAID and I doubt there are going to be many notebook RAID users.

What kind of HP did you own, Edwin?  For my own curiosity, was it a Tm2?

I'm looking forward to the new series of convertible tablets with the SB line of cpus.

4 Posts

November 17th, 2011 03:00

I;ve had tablets from HP and Toshiba.  I know have the XT3.  Hands down best machine.  Pricey, but worth every penny.

7 Posts

January 26th, 2012 11:00

I can assent that. I also use Toshiba and Fujitsu Convertibles.

After using the xt3 for month I approve, that the xt3 is an excellent machine.

You'll be lucky, if you get one.

1 Message

March 8th, 2012 06:00

The XT3 is supposed to be a great pick... it is now available under dell small and medium business.

7 Posts

April 24th, 2013 11:00

If you plan on installing Windows 8, stay away from the XT3. No drivers available.

7 Posts

April 24th, 2013 12:00

On my XT3 (which I already baught in autum 2011) I installed Win8 when it was introduced and dont have Problems with Win8 Pro on my XT3 :emotion-11:

best Steffen

7 Posts

April 25th, 2013 08:00

I had purchsed the XT3 specically for running Win 8. I did not seem to have any trouble with the pre-release. I then purchased Win 8 Pro (64 bit) and and have installed 3 times (2 different hard drives) and the same problems come up. It runs okay while plugged into the AC adpter, but soon as I unplug it, the screen goes bannanas. Tech help was useless, as the XT3 is not tested with Win 8 and no hint of updating the the drivers for it. It runs fine with Win 7, so there is no hardware problems. I gave up and bought a HP Touchsmart that came with Win 8, no problems. The XT3 was a waste of money as far as I amconcerned, then again, I really don't care that much about Win 8.  It is alright for tablets, I guess. I have a Microsoft Surface that works okay.

7 Posts

April 25th, 2013 09:00

I installed the downloaded Win8 updating it with the Microsoftinstaller from Win7. The N-Trig Win8 Beta driver, was the only driver update which was necessary. And dont have any Problem with Win8. Neither with the installation nor with the working system.

The reason I bought the XT3, was that it already prefigured Win8 combining touch & Tablet-functionality with a rocksolid and powerfull hardware and System, capeable for anything you would like to run on your computer. I am happy it works for me.

Here you will find some help to get Win8 working on your XT3:

forum.tabletpcreview.com/.../54006-dell-latitude-xt3-windows-8-64bit-not-win-8-pro.html

best Steffen

7 Posts

April 25th, 2013 11:00

This  is from MS Forum and it worked:

Thank you so much for this! It was driving me crazy. I knew it had something to do with the power save but nothing in the Windows power options resolved it and no other resolution was found by Google.

When unplugged, the XT3 would have phantom presses all over the screen, but this would stop as soon as it was plugged back in. (Windows 8 64bit enterprise)

For anyone else having this problem:

1.Open the Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel (Right-click on the desktop and go to Graphic Properties)

2.Select "Basic" or "Advanced Mode" and hit "OK"

3.On the side, click "Power"

4.Next to Power Source, select "On battery"

5.Under Power Conservation Features, uncheck "Display Refresh Rate Switching"

6.Click "OK" at the bottom and Apply the settings.

No Events found!