Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 11th, 2009 13:00

Lattitude D520 wont power on.

Ive had this laptop a little over 2 years. I was on the computer a few days ago and it just shut off on its own. I tried to power it back up and it didnt respond almost as it wasnt getting any power at all. The battery inside the laptop has  full charge and it will not power up. I took the battery out and just put it on the AC adapter and it still wouldnt power on. The AC adapter has a little light on the side of it, and when i plug it into the laptop the green light goes out. I dont know if that helps you any.  I dont really know what to do now, ive had nothing but trouble out of this dell. Any idea of whats wrong or what i can do?

No lights at all are coming on with the laptop its dead. no power at all.

Thanks.

12 Posts

September 22nd, 2009 15:00

This is probably either a bad MOBO or Processor.  If you have two sticks or RAM in there, try powering on with one of each.  Most likely tho, this is a MOBO or CPU defect.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

September 22nd, 2009 16:00

When the green LED goes out on connection to the notebook, the mainboard is faulty.

1 Message

October 25th, 2009 02:00

I saw in the service manual to remove all the hardware items to reset the laptop.  I did that and I get nothing, no lights at all.  Is there any other recourse besides MOBO or processor?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 25th, 2009 04:00

Not if you want to repair the system - the mainboard is the first part to replace.

No Events found!