Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 2nd, 2012 13:00

Limited access issue after starting a torrent client.

Hello,

Before 5 months I bought a laptop Inspiron N5110 with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 bluetooth card. So since then I have one very annoying problem. I've searched in Google before but with no results because noone has exactly my problem. The problem is that my internet connection stops, I disconnect from Skype and can't surf in internet. In the right bottom angle of the screen where is the signal strenght indicator appears ! sign in yellow triangle. When I troubleshoot it fixes the connection for a few minutes and says "Deafault gateway not found". And here is the unique thing in my problem-it happens when I start a torrent client. Every time when I have to download something I stay non-stop on the computer and reset the dying internet connection every two minutes.

Please help me because I'm very miserable and become to lose hope and will!

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2012 06:00

Rgnarokkk,

A torrent is like peer to peer. Sometimes when running peer to peer programs, it messes with the Winsock.

Winsock2 How to determine and to recover from Winsock2 corruption in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, and in Windows Vista

Should work for Windows 7

Also try this article and do the commands, then should also work. Repair/Reset Winsock settings netsh winsock reset catalog

Rick

68 Posts

April 8th, 2012 07:00

I have reset the Winsock using the commands from the second link. I tried the methods in the first one but the protocols were in ways different from mine. Now I'm testing does the 'netsh' method work.

68 Posts

April 8th, 2012 09:00

I played one online match without a dissconnect. I am hopeful that the problem is fixed. :)

85 Posts

April 8th, 2012 10:00

Did you try Uninstalling the Antivirus?? Did you do the above steps???

68 Posts

April 8th, 2012 10:00

Yes, I did but with no result.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2012 11:00

Rgnarokkk,

Still staying conected after resetting the winsock with the command?

Rick

68 Posts

April 8th, 2012 13:00

Yes, but I didn't try to make a second online match. Usually it lets me to play 10 minutes and the connection drops but the last ime I completed the match after about 30 minutes without a limited access error. I will continue to test these days and if everything is alright I will mark this topic as answered.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 8th, 2012 13:00

Rgnarokkk,

What type of security and channel are you using in your wireless router?

Rick

68 Posts

April 8th, 2012 14:00

I use WPA2-Personal security type with AES encryption type. For the channels, before two days I was on automatic channel  but I changed it to channel 6.

68 Posts

Set it.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Rgnarokkk,

Try channel 11.

Rick

68 Posts

April 10th, 2012 10:00

Unfortunately, it happened again. I was watching a video in YouTube when the video began to load and my Skype showed that I'm dissconnected. A few seconds after this the '!' sign showed up. Again when I troubleshot the reason was "Default gateway is not available". Could this be from the NVIDIA driver update which I made 10 minutes before this error?

68 Posts

April 10th, 2012 11:00

Update: Now the TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4) is set to disabled in the Realtec PCIE FE Family Controller properties and I am testing if this works.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

April 10th, 2012 14:00

Rgnarokkk,

Was the computer restarted afte the update?

Not sure about the second message.

If there was a power flicker or electrical storm in your area, poeer off the iSP modem/router and the wireless router(if any). Wait 30 seconds, then power o the ISP modem/router. Wait 15 seconds, then power on the wireless router(if any).

Restart the computer and then you should be able to connect.

Rick

68 Posts

April 10th, 2012 15:00

Yes, the computer was restarted, then I connected successful and after about 10 minutes the Limited access happened.

No Events found!