Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

13 Posts

January 19th, 2008 20:00

M1330 BIOS Update to A07

I've just seen that Dell have released BIOS version A07 for the M1330 (16/1/08)
Just wondering if anyone has installed it?
And what changes does it make?

13 Posts

Hi,
I agree its best to leave a working system, however I do have a few minor issues with my M1330 namely audio pops/pauses and the eject button stutter.

Wondering if this update addresses any of these or any other issues not yet discovered by myself

3.6K Posts

Go to dells driver download page and click on the driver and read to see what it fixes,and if it covers the problems you have then make sure you do the flash in DOS mode not windows.And make sure you have a full charge on the battery and plugged into the wall.

3.6K Posts

Rule of thumb about doing bios flashes,if it aint broke dont fix it.Unless the bios has added features you need or corrects a current problem do not flash as a flash gone bad will render your laptop a paper weight.

Message Edited by dgkpcon on 01-19-2008 05:38 PM

January 19th, 2008 22:00

So what does this mean??? Issues Fixed: 1. On N-Series Platforms, remove SLIC table and pointer to resolve OS bug with KMS activation.

11 Posts

January 20th, 2008 01:00

I received my M1330 from Dell last week, and it shipped with the A07 BIOS.  I can assure you that it does not correct the audio popping issues.  I am getting severe audio pops before and after every sound plays in Windows.  This is completely unacceptable.

January 20th, 2008 09:00

Well I posted this on BIOS, but I will warn everyone here aswell. Do not install that BIOS. It have nasty effect on some XPS unit. http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=insp_bios&thread.id=44070

6 Posts

January 20th, 2008 14:00

I just received my M1330 and it has A07 on it.  I am having so many problems with the computer that XPS tech support has suggested I return it.

137 Posts

January 20th, 2008 17:00

My M1330 with Vista Home Premium SP1 v.744 works fins with A07 bios. Even seems to start up a bit quicker than with A06. Certainly not had any problems than some of ther others have. Also not had the soundcard popping issues either.

16 Posts

January 21st, 2008 05:00

I updated from A05 to A07 my system seems to be better.  I agree with some people that there is a risk to do so but my system was not performing as well as I thought it would when I first got it.  After the update I have noticed no additional problems but system appears to be slightly quicker.  Take note that I have also been updating drivers too.

January 21st, 2008 10:00

Well I use Vista Ultimate. It's like gadget some people get problem on there gadget due to debugging problem on line 12 on lexin for example. (Lexin a word lexicon). On other version like busniess and home premium it works fine. I think it's the same here. Depends on what version your are running on your computer A07 will make some BIOS conflict and give you the bluescreen. I don't know how, but after I installed A07 and got the bluescreen I reflashed it with the A06 version. The bluescreen still came back. After that i have to system recovery a few days back aswell. Don't know why but I think when you changed your BIOS the system configure some system file aswell for the new BIOS. Now it's working fine, thank god. I will think three times before upgrading BIOS in the future.

336 Posts

January 21st, 2008 11:00

The BSOD is not a bios problem, but rather, I am going to bet you never properly installed the AHCI driver during your new installations.  If you did not, this is the result.

Further, there are specific ways to install, the most common being extracting the driver to an external medium and then once you start the installation, you will come to the page for choosing which partition to install to.  There is a menu to install drivers there which is when you insert the external medium and direct it there.

Once it picks up the driver, everything will work fine from there.

January 21st, 2008 16:00

BSOD and AHCI? Well I should w8 a month later before I try to update again.

336 Posts

January 21st, 2008 17:00

Updating wont help.  You have to do this. Its the way it is.  It is a major problem with Vista and XP with respect to hard drive management.

I have advised easily over 50 people with respect to this...not one who has not thanked me in the end.

Go to notebookreview.com. I am the same name there.  Become a member an search what you seek.  better yet, start a thread and watch all those come to assist you.. many offering threads that I am involved in.
No Events found!