Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 19th, 2014 14:00

M3800 Screen Issue

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me out. I have 2 issues; (1) Screen, (2) Warranty coverage

I bought a refurbished M3800 from the US in Singapore. As for now, I am residing in Melbourne, Australia and not be heading back to Singapore any sooner.

(1) There is a problem with my screen. There are four spots; 3 black spots and 1 white spots. I have done further testing by pressing D + the power button to do the colour test. Yes the four spots are still there. In addition, I tried to use an external monitor, the external monitor does not have the spots on them and therefore I believe the issue is on the screen.

(2) Can I go to Dell service centre in Melbourne City to get them check and fix them? If I can do it where is the location available? Or do I need to go back to Singapore to get them fixed due to the warranty? This is the second issue I have.

My service tag number is  Service tag removed per privacy policy>

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 19th, 2014 18:00

The warranty must be transferred first - and can only be transferred if the system was purchased with an extra-cost onsite service plan (the standard 12-month warranty cannot be transferred internationally).

Service tag transfer:

[View:]

November 19th, 2014 18:00

Hi there,

I can't access the website.

No Events found!