Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 1st, 2014 11:00

Matte/Anti-Glare Screen Protector For XPS 15 (9530)?

Hello All,

I just received my XPS 15 (9530) and I really love it but the screen is a bit too glossy for my taste. Can anyone recommend a screen protector that will reduce the glare?

Thank you.

April 9th, 2014 20:00

yes i can, 
Go to Amazon and search for part number B005ABJEU6

You will find my brief review (Dell XPS 9530 model).  One thing to note, i bought this when it was $9.99 + free shipping.  Right now its double that (at the time of me posting this).  

Its not easy putting it on and it might not be a bad idea to buy 2 (wait for the price to drop).  
It works very good, keeps the finger prints away & dulls down the glare.

good luck!

May 26th, 2014 00:00

So how are you findnig the screen protector? Does it effect how sensitive the touch screen is? and what abot clarity and colours on the screen, are they inmpacted have the anti glare film? Would you still recoomend it after this time of using it?

October 2nd, 2015 11:00

I have found a cheaper solution to the XPS 9530 (or the Dell Precision M3800) on Ebay.  I have bought the one for M3800 because for some reason my original search for XPS didn't return a result.  (Both the XPS 9530 & M3800 share the same chasis)

The Ebay seller is CarrolTest

The XPS 15 9530 listing
The Dell Precision M3800 Listing  <- this is the listing I bought, make sure you select AntiGlare (price should be $17.99). 

Both listings offer 2 options, AntiGlare & Glossy.  

The Anti glare is what I got and it does a great job.  It takes the shine off and hides my finger prints well.  

2 Posts

November 8th, 2015 13:00

Hello,

I have the same isssue and I would also be interested by any feedback on a good anti glare film (color accurate and ok with QHD and touch).

Can you comment on those aspects ?

Do you have any picture (that would be usefull to get an idea on how well the protector that you bought on ebay is performing)  ?

Thanks!

November 11th, 2015 18:00

So far i have been really happy with the screen protector for my XPS 9530

I took some picture as you asked but i'm not sure how well they will turn out..  in short, this is a matted screen protector.  So it dulls down the brightness which can effect the shades of the colors displayed.  (i calibrate my laptop with an Xrite Display Pro with the screen protector on).

When it comes to a fit, the previous item i purchased was $35 and only covered the screen part of the laptop NOT including the bezel around the screen.  This one covers almost end to end of the entire laptop screen including bezel  AT half the cost!

No Events found!