Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 9th, 2012 17:00

McAffee won't activate

Hi. I have an Inspiron 15R SE 7520, and I did a factory reset. Now the McAffee antivirus software 15 month trial will not activate. How do I fix this?

Thanks

11 Posts

December 10th, 2012 04:00

Hi.

Looks like I did create a McAfee account (this was my wife's laptop). Hence I did a password recover, logged into my (her) McAfee account and downloaded the McAfee installer. Before installing, I un-installed all McAfee products. This took a few attempts and restarts, but eventually worked. I then activated the downloaded installer, entered my (her) account details when asked, and it downloaded and installed the McAfee software. It seems to be working fine now.

December 9th, 2012 22:00

Hi Catsilversun,

Please share the exact error message that shows up when you try activating 'Mcafee'. A screenshot of the error page will be of great help, if possible. Would also like to know if the system is connected to the internet while you attempt 'Mcafee activation'. (A working Internet connection is required). 

Please click the following link to access your Mcafee account and verify the subscription status:  http://bit.ly/M6s5lM 
- Enter the Email address and Mcafee's account password in the respective fields
Note: Please use the same Email address in the field that you used to activate Mcafee when you purchased the computer
- Click Log In

- Under 'Device Protection', capture the status of 'Mcafee subscription'

If a valid subscription is not observed, you may want to check if you used any other email address to activate 'Mcafee subscription' in the past.

Hope this helps. Do reply if you have any further questions. Glad to assist.

11 Posts

December 9th, 2012 23:00

Hi.

I don't have a Mafee account yet, as I think this happens after you acitivate the software. One I open Mcafee and click on the activate button, it selects but nothing happens, it just sits at that screen. Eventually I have to do an End Task. I am on a good Internet connection.

December 11th, 2012 05:00

Hi Catsilversun,

Glad that the issue is resolved; thank you for confirming. Do reply if you have any further questions. I would be glad to assist.

No Events found!