Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 31st, 2011 11:00

Memory Stick Duo Adaptor for Sony Pro Duo memory Card Camera Sony Cyber Shot DSC W30 6mp

Hi

My friend has a new 1545 and wants to know if her camera memory card can be read by the laptop, her camera is a Sony Cyber Shot DSC W30 6mp and uses a Memory Stick Duo Adaptor.

Any help is always appreciated

BD

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 1st, 2011 10:00

The SD/MMC slot will read sony Memory sticks But you will need an adaptor so that it does not get stuck inside.

Sony Memory Stick MSAC-M2 Duo Replacement Adaptor (Retail Package)

Its like a Matruska Doll the smaller package goes inside the larger one.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

July 31st, 2011 13:00

Download the manual for the laptop and see if it has a memory card reader and if it does what it will read.

27 Posts

August 1st, 2011 02:00

Hi ieee488

Thank you for your reply.  I will get my friend to look in the manual but I am fairly sure it did not say Memory Stick Duo, I naively thought it was just the small size of her camera card that was the problem and a carrier would solve that :emotion-10:

Will post when I have her reply but think I can see it will not be what we want to hear.

Thank you again

BD

27 Posts

This is what the manual says about the reader and memory card

3-in-1 Media Card Reader - SD/MMC - MS/Pro.

Thanks in advance

BD

27 Posts

Sorry about the other post, not sure what I did!

This is what the manual says about the reader and memory card.

3-in-1 Media Card Reader - SD/MMC - MS/Pro

Thanks in advance

BD

27 Posts

August 1st, 2011 11:00

Oh wow thank you so much, I  had talked myself into it not being able to read it.  That was exactly the sort of 'carrier type thingy' I was hoping to be able to purchase.

Kindest reagards

BD

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

The new memory sticks are thinner and shorter.  With the adapter you do not find yourself trying to get the stick back out of the slot because it went in too far.

There is an Ugly way to do it but I do not recommend it since the adapter is very inexpensive.

1. Cut off about 5 inches of scotch tape.
    Cut off about 5 inches of scotch tape.

2. Tape one end (about half an inch) of the tape on to the end of the Memory Stick PRO Duo.
    Tape one end (about half an inch) of the tape on to the end of the Memory Stick PRO Duo.

3. Place the paper clip end to end with the Memory Stick PRO Duo on the tape.
    Place the paper clip end to end with the Memory Stick PRO Duo on the tape.

4. Bring the remaining tape around the clip and tape it on the other side of the memory stick PRO Duo.
    Bring the remaining tape around the clip and tape it on the other side of the memory stick PRO Duo.

5. Take about 1 inch of tape and secure around the memory stick PRO Duo and the paper clip.
  6. Use the paper clip and push the memory stick in, making sure it is aligned with the slot.
    Use the paper clip and push the memory stick in, making sure it is aligned with the slot.

Sony Memory Stick Duo Adaptor MSAC-M2 Card adapter Memory Stick - Memory Stick Duo - PC

Sony Memory Stick Duo Adaptor MSAC-M2 Card adapter Memory Stick - Memory Stick Duo - PC

$7 online

27 Posts

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate all help.

That looks a clever solution if your are in a hurry and do not have an adapter, think I will get my friend to purchase one as I would be the one to try to get the small card out of the reader if it went pear shape :emotion-6:

Thank you again.

BD

No Events found!