Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2011 13:00

Mini 1012 will not factory restore

I need to do a factory restore on my mini.  Using the F8 key I do get the System Repair menu option....the problem is that when I select that option the notebook just boots straight into windows....

HOW can I get this to factory restore?

October 20th, 2011 22:00

Hi, the mini on some cases doesnt have the option of system restore, in this case plug an external optical drive and boot from the Windows disk and do a full Windows Reinstallation. Regards

3 Posts

October 21st, 2011 17:00

I would be very happy to do that, however the mini did not come with a disk.  I created the recovery boot disk per the instructions in the Dell Backup program, and it would not work. There is a recovery partition that is using about 5G of space....so there has to be a way

October 21st, 2011 18:00

Hi, the recovery partition restore option usually doesnt work as expected, thats why we recomend an external ODD for a Full reinstallation. Regards

3 Posts

October 21st, 2011 18:00

I have an external drive, is there a way to make a restore disk?  I tried using the USB option but it wouldn't work from that....barring that, is there a way to get a restore disk from Dell?  I have searched but cannot find one.

October 21st, 2011 21:00

Hi the Restore disk isnt as useful as u think, most of the cases it doesnt work, is better using a Windows Reinstallation disk. Regards

No Events found!