Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 11th, 2017 16:00

Model Number and Serial Number help me!

I have a warranty with a company called WarranTech. I've been renting a PC from Badcock, a Dell Inspiron 15-3521, but the serial number on the bottom of the laptop has been scratched off as I've had the PC for some time now. The PC also had a liquid incident that fried the motherboard so there is no way for me to find the SN/MN by using command prompt or otherwise, are there ANY solutions so that I can get this PC replaced? Let me know if i need any additional information. 

Here's what I can see listed underneath the battery

DPN: PJ8GD A02

Reg Type No: P28F001 

A lot of random alphanumerical codes, Japanese characters that I cannot understand, company names, and one address - Raheen Business Park - Limerick, Ireland

Also if this is in the wrong place can somebody refer me to someone or some forum that can help with my situation? Thank you in advance.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 12th, 2017 04:00

Either the warranty company or rental company will have the service tag number.  Contact them.

52 Posts

March 12th, 2017 08:00

I don't understand what the problem is, you're renting it, right? and its under warranty, right? If you need the information on that laptop just get yourself a sata enclosure drive and take the hard drive off from the laptop and put it in the sata enclosure, boot it up under a different computer and get your data off it ... Do you know what type of hard drive is on the laptop ?

7 Posts

March 12th, 2017 22:00

your service tag number is located in your boot settings.

No Events found!