Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 9th, 2014 15:00

Motherboard Upgrade

Hi, I know laptops are not easily upgradable, however, I have been lucky enough to have the ability to upgrade all my previously owned laptop Cpu's. The question I have is would I be able to use the Inspiron N5110 motherboard inside my sons Inspiron M5110? The  boards and chassis' are identical except the N5110 has a better nvidia graphics card. I have to replace his M5110 motherboard anyway since the northbridge requires a reflow which i usually fix with the oven set to 180 degrees for ten minutes. Not the perfect answer but fixes for a while :). Any knowledgeable help would be appreciate if anyone is familiar with theses two machines. Was going to take the gamble n just go for it but thought a nice Dell assistant could help me out with some facts :).

2 Posts

March 9th, 2014 15:00

Also are all N5110 boards with Nvidia only fitted with the Nvidia Gt 525m model?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 9th, 2014 17:00

It may or may not be a drop-in fit -- they're similar. You'll of course need  a new CPU (the M takes AMD only, the N, Intel  only) and likely will need a new heatsink-fan assembly.

They all have either Intel or nVdia 525 video.

No Events found!