Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 6th, 2014 15:00

My Dell Download

Hello all. I have been trying to register my new Dell Inspiron 15.6 with Intel core i3 laptop and also download some software that came pre-installed. The DVD player will not play a video. It came with Cyberlink Media Suite already installed instead of Windows Media player. Cyberlink will not open up. I guess something is wrong with that. Now, when I try to register and get the Cyberlink download so I can re-install it, it just sets there and spins for about 10-15 minutes then just stops. I have to sign in and start all over again.

Yes, I am using IE and with Active X enabled and also synPro. I did not buy this directly from Dell, but from Wal Mart, is this the reason I cannot get any software downloads from Dell? Thanks for any help with this.

15 Posts

July 6th, 2014 20:00

Did you start your download from this link:

<https://smartsource.dell.com/Web/Welcome.aspx?ReturnUrl=/Web/Login.aspx>

I have used it once and it worked for me.

1 Message

July 8th, 2014 10:00

Hello I have an Alienware 18 that is now in with DELL... I have tried to get software for. Just like you I check the box to accept the B.S agreement and click the register button and it sits running for HOURS and nothing happens. This is my 4th day trying to get it to work, and yes I have installed Dell System Detect 3 times and restarted the system every time. My Alienware 18 came with a web cam, but no software for it was installed from factory. How do you use a web cam with no software ??? It also cam with a CD/DVD burner and NO software...Again how do you burn with no factory software ??? Trying to get the site to work is like pulling teeth.
No Events found!