Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 13th, 2016 16:00

My Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 screen suddenly started flickering and the screen jumps 1inch every couple of seconds and is very annoying.

My laptop Dell Inspiron 15R 5520(Core i3 2370M 6GB ram win 7 64bit)  worked perfectly from Nov2012-April2016. 

Now the screen started flickering and jumping since a few days and there's a white dotted line that appears along the top of the screen that starts the minute there is any kind of display.

How do I figure out if the inverter on the screen is faulty or if it's the screen cable or the whole screen itself?

To satisfy my curiosity I opened up my laptop to find that the lcd cable was badly crushed under the screen hinge (definitely , a design/manufacturing issue! Will dell take responsibility?), and each time the screen was shut/open there was substantial pressure on the cable was what I noticed.

Unfortunately I'm out of warranty and I don't know what to do.

Please advise on fixing this issue.

1 Message

April 19th, 2016 03:00

same problem.

I've already tried deactivating adaptive screen light.

seems incompatibility with windows 10

2 Posts

April 22nd, 2016 21:00

I'm using windows 7 only.

3 Posts

June 11th, 2016 07:00

I am facing same issue. There is a white dotted horizontal line appears on the top of the monitor and the windows jumps in every few seconds. Please let me know if you have solved your problem. It will definitely help me to troubleshoot mine.

No Events found!