Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 4th, 2013 19:00

My computer won't connect to the internet!

I purchased an Alienware m14x last June. I also got the warranty that lasts a year, which guarantees that Dell would provide aid if my computer isn't working right. For the first 7 or so months my computer was working perfectly, after 7 months my computer started freezing frequently... But, recently my computer started doing this thing where it'll look like it's connecting to the internet, it will...for a millisecond then proceed to try reconnecting.It keeps doing this over and over again. I have wiped my computer three times now, wiping it did fix the problem...temporarily obviously.  I called Dell and spoke to them for about an hour and they "realized" it's most likely my wireless card since my drivers were up to date and they couldn't find a virus. Dell managed to get someone to put in a wireless card for me a week or so ago, now my computers is doing the same thing where my computer will disconnect...reconnect...disconnect. Please help? I don't know what to do, I don't care if I'll "lose" information... 

1.3K Posts

May 16th, 2013 15:00

Hi MarlainaM,

Sorry about the inconvenience. Kindly provide the system service tag through a private message. I will look into the system details and get back to you. To send the system service tag through a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

In the meanwhile please let me know if you face the same issue on another system? Do you face same issue on a wired connection?

No Events found!